Civil Society for Malaria Control, Immunization and Nutrition (ACOMIN) is the National Network of Civil Society Organizations working on the prevention, treatment, and mitigation of the impact of malaria, and the promotion of immunization and better nutrition in Nigeria. ACOMIN is a non-political, non-sectarian, and non-profit organization working in collaboration with the government, partners, and stakeholders both at the National and State levels. We seek to recruit qualified candidates to fill the under-listed positions under the Global Fund Malaria and C19RM/RSSH Grants.
ACOMIN National office is situated in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Finance Officer is responsible for maintaining financial and accounting records as well as some administrative and personnel services in order to meet organizational requirements and support operations.
The Finance Officer is s responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll maintaining accounts payable, and managing office operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of the budget;
- Implement financial policies and procedures;
- Establish and maintain cash controls;
- Establish, maintain, and reconcile the general ledger;
- Monitor cash reserves;
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements;
- Establish and maintain grantees accounts;
- Processes grantee invoices;
- Maintain the purchase order system;
- Issue cheques for all accounts due;
- Ensure safekeeping of relevant security documents;
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system (QuickBooks);
- Generate income statements, balance sheets, bank reconciliation, and staff debtor schedules;
- Ensure proper, adequate, and timely filing of financial documentation;
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in accounting or finance and a professional qualification (ACA or ACCA), a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline is an added advantage.
- S/he must have a minimum of three years’ work experience as an accountant in the developmental field.
- Proven knowledge of standard accounting software such as QuickBooks.
Additional Skills Required
- Skilled at planning, and handling multiple and complex financial tasks with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven experience in implementing financial and administrative control systems
Expertise and familiarity in management and accounting practices.
Method of Application:
A one-page application letter, addressed to the National Coordinator, clearly providing evidence of competencies required for the job, current or last remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address, and current contact address should be sent by email to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of your application should read the position you are applying for, the location, and your name as such: Finance Officer (National Office, Abuja) – Sadiya Tolu Eze
All applications must be received by close of business on 4th April 2023. All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mail or telephone calls will be entertained.
Do note that any candidate with submissions for multiple positions and who do not abide by the method of application will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.