Civil Society for Malaria Control, Immunization and Nutrition (ACOMIN) is the National Network of Civil Society Organizations working on the prevention, treatment, and mitigation of the impact of malaria, and the promotion of immunization and better nutrition in Nigeria. ACOMIN is a non-political, non-sectarian, and non-profit organization working in collaboration with the government, partners, and stakeholders both at the National and State levels. We seek to recruit qualified candidates to fill the under-listed positions under the Global Fund Malaria and C19RM/RSSH Grants. ACOMIN National office is situated in Abuja, Nigeria.
The M&E Manager will head the M & E department and will be responsible for improving the M & E system, designing plans, and implementing the M & E plans of Projects in a cost-effective and timely manner. Lead in the preparation of periodic reports on project progress and achievements, as well as monitor the project activities on a regular basis, maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of data in relation to project activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation manager will also work as part of the project management team.
Duties and Responsibility
• Update and strengthen monitoring, supervision, and evaluation procedures
• Design up-to-date data collection tools for projects as well as organizational development
• Monitor all project activities, expenditures, and progress toward achieving the project output
• Supervise the analysis of M&E reports from states
• Participate in field monitoring, data validation and data quality assurance for the achievement of results
• Provide periodic feedback to the Management team on project outputs and outcomes
• Develop periodic M & E reports for dissemination to donors and partners
• Participate in annual project reviews and planning meetings
• Assist in coordinating data entry processes for the Project
• Ensure periodic backup of project documents
• Provide technical support in the adoption and use of M&E tools
• Participate in relevant assessments and surveys
• Perform other duties as required.
• Candidates must have a Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences or other related disciplines, a postgraduate qualification in epidemiology or statistics is an added advantage.
• S/he must have a minimum of five years’ work experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by Non-Governmental Organizations.
• Seven (7) years minimum experience is required for candidates without a postgraduate degree
• Five (5) years minimum experience is required for candidates with a master’s degree.
• Must have worked in a similar position with an NGO
• Proven presentation skills and ability to write detailed and coherent reports.
• Ability to utilize program software e.g., DHIS and statistical applications like SPSS, EpiInfo, etc
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
• Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
• Proven ability to maintain schedules for deliverables and track budgets.
• Ability to coordinate with partners from all levels of government and the private sector.
• Ability to guide and motivate staff in the field.
Method of Application:
A one-page application letter, addressed to the National Coordinator, clearly providing evidence of competencies required for the job, current or last remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address, and current contact address should be sent by email to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of your application should read the position you are applying for, the location, and your name as such: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (National Office, Abuja) – Sadiya Tolu Eze
All applications must be received by close of business on 4th April 2023. All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mail or telephone calls will be entertained. Do note that any candidate with submissions for multiple positions and who do not abide by the method of application will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.