Civil Society for Malaria Control, Immunization and Nutrition (ACOMIN) is the National Network of Civil Society Organizations working on the prevention, treatment, and mitigation of the impact of malaria, and the promotion of immunization and better nutrition in Nigeria.
ACOMIN is a non-political, non-sectarian, and non-profit organization working in collaboration with the government, partners, and stakeholders both at the National and State levels. We seek to recruit qualified candidates to fill the under-listed positions under the Global Fund Malaria and C19RM/RSSH Grants.
ACOMIN National office is situated in Abuja, Nigeria.
The key purpose of this position is to assist and support program communication and information technology needs. The officer would oversee the organization’s communication programs and IT needs,
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare media briefings and engagements, factsheets, and newsletters
- Carry out story mapping
- Produce human-angle stories and documentaries
- Manage toll-free communication platforms
- Be responsible for the organization’s communication with different target audiences
- Handle social media platforms
- liaise with the media – print, electronic, and online
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Masters’ degree in Social Science, Communications, or Information Technology.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Five (5) years minimum experience is required for candidates without a postgraduate degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working for an NGO in a relevant capacity.
- Proven experience in managing a variety of communications functions
- Excellent knowledge, deployment, and use of IT skills
- Skilled in using appropriate software for story mapping and development of the human-angle story.
- Strong communication and peoples’ skills
- Ability to plan and work independently and make decisions with little or no supervision
- Organized, accurate, efficient and capable of handling detailed work assignment
- Proven ability to work in teams as a team member and player.
Method of Application:
A one-page application letter, addressed to the National Coordinator, clearly providing evidence of competencies required for the job, current or last remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address, and current contact address should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
The subject of your application should read the position you are applying for, the location, and your name as such: Communications Officer (National Office, Abuja) – Sadiya Tolu Eze
All applications must be received by close of business on 4th April 2023. All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mail or telephone calls will be entertained.
Do note that any candidate with submissions for multiple positions and who do not abide by the method of application will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.